Cancer Research UK
A huge thankyou to all those who came along to support our recent Christmas Fair. The Village Hall was buzzing with people who enjoyed the variety of stalls and refreshments on offer. A particular thank you to all those of our supporters who knitted, sewed, crafted, baked, made preserves, provided tombola prizes and sorted out redundant jigsaws. Also thanks go to all those who gave of their time to help with stalls and refreshments on the day.
We were once again blessed with the loyal support of so many and we enjoyed a very rewarding time. The magnificent sum of £1,614.96 was raised. Well done to everyone, we couldn’t do it without the continuing support and encouragement from our village and the wider community.
Another thank you goes to all those who when shopping at John Lewis at the Victoria Centre store, supported the John Lewis Community Matters between August and October. The amount generated for our charity was £1000.00, a very worthwhile amount which will be designated for Nottingham Research.
The committee would like to wish you all a Happy and Peaceful Christmas and New Year and look forward to seeing you at our events in 2018!
Latest Recommended Posting Dates
2nd Class Mail - Wednesday 20th December
1st Class Mail - Thursday 21st December
Woodborough in Bloom
We wish you all a very Happy Christmas and Peaceful New Year.
A date for the diary – The AGM will be held on Thursday 8th March 3.00pm at The Nags Head.
Please join us for tea and cakes to discuss our plans and the Summer Planting scheme.
Thank you for all your support during 2017.
Jan, Elizabeth and Jane
Buses for Christmas and New Year 2017/18
With Christmas approaching, here’s all you need to know about travelling with Nottingham City Transport over the holiday period.
We’re pleased to announce we’re running buses on Boxing Day again this year, with some routes running a little later this year to help get people home from work.
We’ll also be running late night buses on New Year’s Eve, through until 03:15 to help you get home after bringing in the New Year in Nottingham.
A summary of our services over the Festive Season are shown below:
- Normal service until Saturday 23rd December
- Christmas Eve – normal Sunday service, with last buses between 19:00 and 20:00. .View last bus times here
- Christmas Day – sorry, no buses
- Boxing Day – special service between 6am and 6pm running on 6, 10, 17, 27, 28, 36, 39, 41, 43, 44, 45, 48, 49X, 58, 68/9, 77, 89. View details here.
- Wednesday 27th December – Saturday service, except Navy 49 which will run normal weekday times. On NightBus, only N4 and N34 will run.
- Thursday 28th December – Saturday service, except Navy 49 which will run normal weekday times. On NightBus, only N4 and N34 will run.
- Friday 29th December – Saturday service, except Navy 49 which will run normal weekday times. NightBus will run as normal.
- Saturday 30th December – normal Saturday service, including NightBus
- New Year’s Eve – normal Sunday service, with last buses between 19:00 and 20:00, with some later evening journeys on 6, 17, 27, 28, 36, 45, 48, 58, 68/9, 77 and 89. View last bus times here.
- New Year’s Eve Late Night Buses – NightBus will be running until 3.15am. View details here.
- New Year’s Day – sorry, no buses
- Tuesday 2nd January 2018 – normal service resumes