NEWS FROM CORE
Since lockdown we man the office weekdays between 9.00 – 1.00pm to answer phone calls and deal with emails. We have an answer phone for when we are not here and will respond quickly. Contact: Tel 0115 8470551; email email@example.com.
We have recently opened the office for photocopying and printing services and access to the computers and internet. Customers must respect the social distancing and hygiene rules, of course with a maximum of 2 in at any one time. We also now offer a home visit to anyone who would like a friendly social chat for a few minutes on the doorstep; just phone us to arrange.
Our other services continue as follows:
- telephone helpline and email contact point.
- we offer direct help to solve problems if other services are not available, eg collect and deliver prescriptions.
- offer a chat line to anyone lonely and anxious.
- we can call on volunteers for jobs such as dog walking, as and when required.
- we can supply NHS hearing aid batteries.
- our Job Club team are operating remotely on line and with dedicated telephone line for help with CVs, careers advice, interview preparation, well-being and anxiety coaching. Tel 0748419982; email firstname.lastname@example.org
- from time to time we are putting seats out in the Square so folks can join us for a chat; we would like to video anyone willing about their lockdown experiences – good and not so good – to have an historical record of how Calverton coped.
- If anyone is having difficulty with zoom or skype we will try to help them install and use it so they can be in sight of friends and family.
Keep safe and do phone us with any queries or if you would like a regular social phone call or visit.
The CORE Centre
17 St Wilfred’s Square, Calverton, Nottingham NG14 6FP
Tel 0115 8470551 www.calvertoncore.org.uk
Want to know more about the CORE Centre?
Click below to watch our video from Woodborough Video
Parkinson’s Support Group
Michael with Gilbert
The Covid 19 restrictions have caused all the Group’s regular activities to cease so we are providing what support we can over the phone and internet. Treasurer Sandra has been ringing the members on a fairly regular basis to check they are OK. Most members are coping but finding life more difficult and lonely. Family, neighbours and friends do their best to keep them supplied with shopping and help keep them cheerful.
Michael & Sandra get exercise early in the morning walking their dog while most folks are home. For safety in the town Gilbert is closely attached to Michael’s mobility scooter but away from town an 8 metre lead gives him more freedom.
We hope other road users are understanding when Michael needs to go onto the road when pavements become too dangerous. Most hazzards are obvious, lack of dropped kerbs, bollards, narrow pavements, parked cars, dustbins etc. One often hidden danger is adverse camber which can suddenly turn the scooter into the road. One section of The Ropewalk in Southwell we have learned to avoid has good width but steep slopes from each driveway.
If you would like to know more about this friendly independent group contact Michael & Sandra on 01636 812399 or email Overtherainbowuk@gmail.com.
We meet from 11.00 – 1.00 on the 2nd Saturday of the month at Reach UK, Prebend Passage, Southwell NG25 0JH. Just £1 per person and a plate of food towards the buffet lunch.